Family Violence Symposium 2012: Strengthening systems to eliminate family violence - Wellington - 28 May 2012
Monday 28 May 2012, 8.45 am - 4.30 pm
Westpac Stadium Level 3, West Lounge, Waterloo Quay, Wellington
Organised by: Families Commission | Kōmihana ā Whānau and New Zealand Family Violence Clearinghouse
Registration required, cost $80 plus GST. Spaces limited, please register early
Family Violence Symposium 2012 - Strengthening systems to eliminate family violence
The Families Commission and the New Zealand Family Violence Clearinghouse are pleased to present a one day family violence symposium for practitioners, policymakers and researchers.
The focus will be on strengthening systems to support family violence prevention and intervention.
Dr Marion Frere, Department of Justice, Victoria, AustraliaDr Frere will discuss the whole-of-government approach to family violence reforms in Victoria, Australia.
Professor Darrin Hodgetts, University of WaikatoProfessor Hodgetts will present on societal violence in everyday life.
- Victorian whole-of-government reforms
- Relational nature of Māori men’s health
- Tools for building and sustaining effective collaborations
- New Police family violence process changes
- Organisational culture and multi-agency initiatives
- Professionals responding to disclosures of sexual violence
- Key factors in successful community collaboration
- Understanding family violence data
- “It’s not OK” in local communities
Registration $80 plus GST. Spaces limited so please book early
For the full programme and to register online, go to the Families Commission website
For further information, please contact Penny Dring-Aust, ph; (04) 917 7055 or email: email@example.com
Please note: Keynote speaker Dr Marion Frere will be repeating her presentation at a public seminar in Auckland on Wednesday 30 May.