Update on the implementation of the Children's Action Plan
Tue 26 Mar 2013
The National Children's Director has provided an update on the implementation of the Children's Action Plan. It reports: Interim Regional Children’s ...
The National Children's Director has provided an update on the implementation of the Children's Action Plan. It reports:
- Interim Regional Children’s Directors are now in place in demonstration sites Rotorua and Whangarei. Their initial focus has been on stakeholder engagement and developing an overview of services in the area. Their focus is now moving to service design.
- The Child Protect Line will initially provide an intake service and meet the developing needs of the Children’s Teams demonstration sites in Rotorua and Whangarei.
- A contract is in place with The University of Auckland to undertake the ethical review of Predictive Risk Modelling.
- A detailed policy paper is currently being finalised and a Cabinet paper is being drafted on the development of Child Abuse Prevention Orders.
- Policy proposals for inclusion in the Vulnerable Children’s Bill are being prepared.
Updates are also provided on the progress of the 'Early identification' workstream (which includes Predictive Risk Modelling, Common Assessment Framework, Children’s Teams Thresholds, Information Sharing, Tracking High-risk Adults and Information Systems); the Multi Agency Strategy for Children and Young People in Care; Workforce Safeguarding and Workforce Development; and plans for stakeholder engagement and opportunities for NGOs, professional groups and community representatives to contribute.
View the March 2013 update here.
The following ‘literature snapshots’ have also been made available:
- Children’s Workforce: Workforce Development
- Children’s Workforce: Core Competencies
- Identification and Assessment
- Lead Professionals
- Mandatory Reporting
From here on, monthly newsletters will provide updates on progress. You can sign up here.